Wednesday, September 24, 2003

A Special Entry!

Today I became a grandfather! Daughter Lucy gave birth to Isobel May Chilberto, weight 7 lbs 2 oz at 12:52 p.m. The due date was approaching fast and Lucy was having fun monitoring her family "blog". So I thought "why not scan a slide of Lucy when she was just born and send it off for inclusion in her blog". I chose the picture shown below - technical details are in the box to the right. I doubt if Lucy opened the e-mail attachment before giving birth and as they're going to have their hands full from now on, I decided to post it here.

Congratulations, Lucy and Jeff. I am looking forward to taking lots of photos of Isobel! I understand it is the grandparents' privilege to spoil their grandkids rotten. What fun!



Lucy Elisabeth Chilberto nee Ashton

Singapore, November 1975.

Scanned from a Kodachrome slide with minor color correction. The archival qualities of Kodachromes are second to none