Saturday, October 18, 2003

MetroRail Open Day

Beautiful weather today, no humidity, no clouds. MetroRail chose the perfect setting for showing off the new light rail trains at Reliant Park. Lots of photos to come. The trains are excellent, the Metro people friendly and helpful.

Since I was there, I decided to walk across Reliant Park to the new stadium. Lots of interesting Texana sculptures were photographed and then I moved on to the new stadium itself, site of the 2004 SuperBowl. After taking a couple of wide angle shots I was stopped by security from taking any more. A sad reflection on our society. Not the first time I have been accosted by security but everytime it happens I wonder why. Of course, in this day and age there is the real threat of terrorism but that being the case, shouldn't security have demanded that I destroy the film?