Saturday, February 12, 2005

Fuji Finepix S7000 Update

Last month I mentioned that I had put new batteries in my Fuji S7000 with good results. This was not the end of the story, for further research showed that my camera was one of the first built and had a serious flaw - the Off switch didn't isolate the batteries! I was told to return the camera for an upgrade. This could have been a problem as I bought the camera in the US and international warranties are just about as good as an expired visa to Russia. But Fuji agreed that, as I have relocated, they would honor their mistake here in the UK. A mailing package duly arrived with an interesting expanding bubble pack that safely cushioned the camera for its journey through the Royal Mail system. I mailed the package last Saturday and 6 days later it was returned, fully repaired, with a nice apology. Fuji has always been my favorite film source and they certainly scored a few points digitally! So I took it out in the murky greyness of a February afternoon and here is the result:



This is of Campden Manor House, mostly destroyed during the 17th Century Civil War (Cromwell's army ransacked the Manor House which belonged to King Charles' chancellor, Sir Baptist Hicks). The red stains on the few remaining walls of the main house are from the conflagration.