Thursday, April 28, 2005

More issues with the new cell phone - but there's a solution!

This incredibe all bells and whistles phone may be great, I'm just not sure yet. As an example, I decided to sync part of my address book on the PowerBook using first Bluetooth, then USB. I could not make either work. What is more, it would appear that many cell phones are not compatible with Apple's iSync software and, naturally, the one I bought isn't. (But it may be included in OS 10.4 Tiger).

Google to the rescue (how many times a month do we say that?). I discovered I am not the first and won't be the last to have such problems. Fortunately a $10 shareware program exists - called OnSync - that not only allowed me to communicate using Bluetooth but also had really good blow by blow instructions for setting up a Bluetooth device. Money well spent, because the whole lot was going back to the store!