Monday, January 22, 2007

Traveling

I am writing this early in the morning in a Paris hotel, where we are spending a few days. This is the first time I can remember stopping off at the end of a business trip to take some relaxation and it is something I can heartily recommend! The trip took in Pointe Noire, Congo as well as Kinshasa, D R Congo, so Paris in January can be assumed to be something of a contrast!

Despite the rainy season in the Congos we had a sunny crossing of the big river:
Kinshasa, D R Congo
And Sunday in Paris was also unexpectedly sunny if a little breezy. We took the opportunity to walk to Montmartre and back. This was my first visit to the Butte and the beautiful Basilique du Sacre-Couer. I'll let the pictures do the talking as they upload to Flickr:
Silhouette Artist, Montmartre