Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Springtime in Brum!

Went to Birmingham today. There'll be photos on Flickr to prove it. First of all, lunch with Pete (a sick Pete, hurry up and get better!) at the British Oak in Stirchley, then on into town for a meeting. I parked in Newhall Street which gave me the opportunity to photograph St. Paul's Church.

Next, with ten minutes to kill, I walked up to the newly refurbished Town Hall. More photos. Boy does it look great!!!

After the meeting I ventured inside St. Philip's Cathedral and took some interior shots, including the stained glass windows by Edward Burne-Jones.

It's early spring and I swear I saw more daffodils in the city than anywhere else along the way. The inner ring road has huge displays of daffodils. So very uplifting after a long winter. Well done, Brum!