Sunday, November 02, 2008

Leslie C. Ashton - a website


Two days ago I mused on the idea of putting together a website chronicling my father's life. The site is now ready.

Technically, I used some material I have been gathering over the years but included new photos and research scanned and discovered since Friday. I decided to use iWeb as it is easy to manipulate and required no new domain names or anything that might slow me down. I would particularly like to thank April for providing genealogical know how and Shirley for sending key material.

Philosophically this project could have been hugely time consuming but I decided that it would be better to lay down the basics now and possibly upgrade bits in the future. My only thought would be to visit and add a few photographs of Hendecourt-les-Cagnicourt, the place where my father won the Military Cross.

Think of it as my digital memorial to the life story of my father, Leslie Charles Ashton.

If after viewing the site you have any comments, please feel free to add them here.